Apple iOS 7 Untethered Jailbreak is available
December 23, 2013
The evad3rs team has released the untethered jailbreak for different Apple devices running running iOS version from 7.0 to 7.0.4.
The evad3rs team has released the untethered jailbreak for numerous Apple devices running running iOS version from 7.0 to 7.0.4 including iPhone (4/5/5S/5C), iPad, and iPod. Device jailbreak allows removal of the limitations designed by manufacturer, the procedure is usually possible through the use of software and hardware exploits.
Jailbreaking permits root access to the iOS operating system, the operation allows the download of additional applications, extensions, and themes that are unavailable through the official Apple App Store.Jailbreaking is very popular within youngsters that intend to run application not authorized by Apple, the legality of jailbreaking depends on countries and conditions, in the US since 2010 a rule was passed by the US government made it legal:
“Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, jailbreaking iPhones is legal in the United States, although Apple has announced that the practice “can violate the warranty”.
In 2010, in response to a request by the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the U.S. Copyright Office explicitly recognized an exemption to the DMCA to permit jailbreaking in order to allow iPhone owners to use their phones with applications that are not available from Apple’s store, and to unlock their iPhones for use with unapproved carriers“
The great news is that the evasi0n installer released by is multiplatform and make possible device jailbreak from Mac OSx, Windows and Linux.
The device jailbreak is very simple and for system running Windows OS it is requested the installation of iTunes for device with iOS 7.0.4, below the link to download the Evasion tool.
The operation is very rapid, just 5 minutes to jailbreak the devices, as usual it is suggested to backup device data before using evasi0n tool to restore the normal situation in case of problems.
Following the video for the jailbreak procedure procedure:
Some information to take care before to start the jailbreak procedure:
- Please ensure you’ve updated iTunes to the latest version.
- evasi0n is compatible with iOS 7, iOS 7.0.1, iOS 7.0.2, iOs 7.0.3 and iOS 7.0.4 (Settings -> General -> About – Version)
- Please note that jailbreaking your iPhone may void your warranty and hence proceed with caution and at your own risk
- Please do not jailbreak your iPhone to pirate apps from the App Store.
- Warning: We’re hearing some users having problems using the jailbreak, so you may want to wait for evad3rs to release an update which fixes the initial bugs.
The jailbreak is composed of the following steps:
- Download the latest version of evasion jailbreak, evasi0n7 from this link and save it in a folder named “evasi0n” on your desktop.
- Extract the application to the evasi0n folder and launch it. Windows users have to execute the application as an Administrator. Right Click on the evasion exe and select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- After launching evasi0n, you will be prompted to connect your iPhone.
- Please disable the passcode as the jailbreak may fail, if the passcode is enabled (Settings -> General -> Passcode Lock On -> Turn Passcode Off).
- Connect your iPhone to the computer. evasi0n should detect it and also mention the iOS firmware that is running on it. Click on the Jailbreak button.
- A progress update on the various stages of the jailbreak process, don’t start iTunes or Xcode in the meanwhile. The states are “Retrieving remote package”, “Uploading jailbreak data”, “Injecting evasion app (1/2)”, “Injecting evasion app (2/2)”, “Configuring system (1/2)”, “Configuring system (2/2)”, “Rebooting device”.
- Once your iPhone is rebooted, you will get a message informing you to unlock your iPhone. Do not close the evasi0n application.
- Unlock your iPhone and then tap on the evasi0n 7 app (the one with the evasi0n 7 icon).
- When you launch the evasi0n app, the screen will go white and reboot again.
- The rest of the jailbreak process will now take place on your iPhone. After your iPhone reboots, you will see a large evasi0n logo with messages informing you on the status of the jailbreak process such as Reading kernel, Calculating offsets, Setting up packages, Setting up Cydia, Continuing with the boot.
- After it has rebooted, the procedure is completed and you should be able to find the Cydia icon on your iPhone’s home screen (it may not be on the first page so search for it to locate it).
(Security Affairs – Apple, jailbreak iOS7)